Anne is a student at PCU, a barista, an artist, and full-time Goth. She's also inherited the power of the Ring of Shadows, which means she can tap into the Shadow Realm's energy. It's a very Goth thing, you know?
Anne was born to Michael Pulaski (Chicago city alderman and owner of waste removal company) and Judith Scheckter Pulaski (teacher) on 11 September 1999 at University of Illinois Hospital in Chicago, IL. She has an older brother, Michael (Mikey) Pulaski, Jr. Her childhood was "typical," though she was close to her paternal grandmother (a survivor of the Treblinka concentration camp in WWII). She became interested in the Goth scene in her early teens, dying her hair and dressing in a stereotypical black. Her parents were concerned, but her grandmother convinced them that it was a good thing to allow their daughter to express herself.
Having had an interest in art, Anne planned to attend the University of Illinois Chicago to get a degree in Art, but her parents firmly told her to take a more "commercial" degree, so she chose Commercial Art and Graphic Design. Applying for an open scholarship at Paragon City University, she won it and now attends the Founders Falls campus. Considered a talented artist, she hopes upon graduation to eventually open her own studio.
Anne wears the Ring of Shadows, which she found by accident. Considered a "curse" by some, and a dark gift by others, it allows the wearer to tap into the powers of the Shadow Realm. She is able to create offensive weapons, protective shields, and surround her opponents in shadow energy, draining their power.
Anne considers herself neither a hero nor a villain. She does not wish to become part of the "circle of destruction" that super-powered people seem to cause by their existence. This does not mean she doesn't use her powers; if someone is being harmed, Anne will act to protect them. Her ambiguity toward the status quo has earned her the attention of organizations like MAGI and the FSBA, who regard any non-aligned person as questionable.
- Favorite color: Black. Favorite drink: Absinthe or Snakebite & Black (lager, cider, black currant squash). Smokes clove cigarettes. Has a Sisters of Mercy tattoo on her shoulder. Yes, she's a Goth
- Currently has four tattoos: the Sisters of Mercy logo on her left shoulder, four bats representing herself and her family on the right, a nautical star in the center of her upper back, and the number "211961" on her inner left arm (her grandmother's concentration camp number). Her septum is pierced, as are her ears. Anne has plans for more tattoos and piercings, but wants them to be "meaningful"
- Is currently looking for a job; lost her last one due to a disagreement with her boss over personal space
- Will tell you she's a vampire to mess with you. She's not (as far as she knows)
- Does her drawing on a tablet on her computer. Has developed an interest in web programming and hacking, and is "decent"
- The name "Anne Gwish" comes from her online gaming handle. She was called that by one of her friends, and she kept it
- Considers herself an "off and on vegan." Will go for long periods on a vegan diet, then indulges in Chicago hotdogs and deep dish pizza. Also, she wears leather, so there's that