The Impervious Armored
· Other Affiliations ·
Inception: 1997, Manufactured: 2005
Atlas Park (Formerly Galaxy City)
· Known Relatives ·
Scion II-VIII (Siblings, Alive), Dr. Jack Kenyon (Creator/"Father", Alive)
Scion Series, Mark 1
Dr. Jack Kenyon
Appears to be in early to mid-twenties
Lithe and Athletic
· Distinguishing Features ·
Extremely vivid emerald green eyes,
Powers & Abilities
Leaping, Fighting, Speed
· Known Powers ·
See "Powers and Abilities"
The Scion Project
The brain-child of D.A.T.A. Roboticist Jack Kenyon, the Scion project began in the late nineties inspired by the heroes he encountered working for the Federal Bureau for Super-powered Affairs along with the design of Vindicator and first android hero, Bastion (later to be known as Citadel). The goal was to blur the line between machine and human (or super-human as the case maybe), and upon approval of the project in 1996, Kenyon began research and drafting designs for what would be become his children. Although work into the actual creation beyond drafting would not start until 2005, following reallocation of research and setbacks due to the May 2002 invasion by the Rikti, introducing a new threat to Paragon City, another threat to account for and one not yet understood.
Two years, and multiple encounters with Rikti technology, a prototype of the adaptive nanite program were tested in the form of hero suits dispensed to a small team of capable heroes by D.A.T.A., with full disclosure of their experimental nature. These tests during what would become known as the Second Rikti Invasion provided important information needed in the improvement of the fairly temperamental nature of the nanites initially. Kenyon would continue reverse engineering these technologies, utilizing schematics raided from 5th Column and Council Bases and the technology used in their Mek-men, as well as some confiscated Crey technology.
While initially these labors proved unfruitful, as D.A.T.A. became more familiar with the workings of the technologies, certain synergies were discovered, and the utilization of a confiscated source code and nanites, that would be used in a decade later in a less experimental form in the Monarch Project, a breakthrough had finally been made in the creation of reliable adaptive nanites. It was from this that work on the Magnum Opuses of the project, starting with the one that would later become known as Skyler.
Powers and Ability
- Superhuman Strength
- Adaptive Protocols
- Energy Conversion
- Durable Chassis -
- Nanites - Part of his built-in adaptive protocol, these allow Skyler to reactively react to most (See Weakness Below) types of attacks against him. This includes shock that would be caused from landings when bounding about the city.
- Potential Energy Converters - Built into his arms, these converters allow Skyler to convert potential energy into two forms: jolts of electricity and kinetic-enhanced strikes.
- Magic - Impart due to the inherent weakness of Rikti technology to magic (and due to the greater integration of it in the other Scion children, increased weakness to such), the nanites have shown in numerous test to have difficult adapting to the wave lengths and energy signatures used by those of a magic persuasion.
- Sapping and EMP Pulses - Certain energy weapons have significant effects on Skyler's adaptive protocols, these include the sapping guns utilized by Malta, and EMP pulses often used by Crey. The energy signatures of such weapons disrupt the nanites, weakening their adaptive capabilities or completely taking them down for a short time.
- Dr. Jack Kenyon: "What can I say, he's my dad. He's always been there for me and my brothers and sisters."
- Friend #2: The description for Friend #2
- Neutral #1: The description for Neutral #1
- Enemy #1: The description for Enemy #1
Dimensional Schematics =
There are many alternate universes known to Portal Corp, and potentially countless more undiscovered.
Upsilon Beta 9-6
(A.K.A: Praetorian Earth)
Alias: Scion I
Affiliation: Power Divison,
- [Ambiguous Robots] - Applicable to all eight of the Scion Androids as appear extremely human in appearance and behavior, save for certain metallic elements (Such as Skyler's arms and legs).